Software apps and online services
You are annoyed because you always forget your laundry in your washing machine? Or you want to know when your super cool new T-Shirt is washed? Here is the solution! Get notified, when your cloth are done! All you need to do is to put your Particle Photon Board on top of your maschine. You don´t need to open it or work with dangerous voltages.
The main feature of the system is the possibility to track the status of your washing maschine. With the magnetic field sensor it is possible to recognize how fast the maschine is spinning.
You can now make use of this information to stay informed about the status of your washing maschine. Use the Progressive Web App provided in the GitHub Repo to get notifications and to check the status of your maschine. Have a look at the Video here:
TheBasics (I want to do it the easy way)
- The Hardeware Compontents listed above.
- An IFTTT and a Particle Cloud Account.
How it is done:
- Flash the Paticle Photon Board with the code provided in the GitHub Repo.
- Connect the LED Ring (optional), the calibration button and the magnetic field sensor. A circuit diagram is in the attachments.
- If you don´t want to use the app (it is a little bit complicated) then use IFTTT to get push notifications. Use the Particle Skill (https://ifttt.com/particle) to listen to the finished events. And do with it whatever you want to do. Use the power of IFTTT!
Advanced (Use the app)
Here it is getting a little bit complicated.
- A PHP Web-Server
- An glitch.com Account
How it is done:
- Do the first two steps from the basics above.
- Remix this glitch project: https://glitch.com/edit/#!/web-push-codelab
- Download the GitHub Repo Washify Server.
- Search for all
todosand replace the placeholders with your keys and your glitch domain.
- You find your keys in the Particle Console. You can generate the keys for notifications in your Glitch project.
- Instead of hosting your notification server on Glitch, you can use your own server too.
- Test if everything is working...
by Dionysios Satikidis https://github.com/MrDio/IoT-Prototyping-Framework
The aim of the IoT Prototyping Framework is to provide a quick way to develop all-in-one IoT platform enabling fast development of IoT Applications in an experimetal way.
Application by: Michael Stubenvoll
Logo Design and Business: Fabian Kiefhaber and Guido Schmidt
Lecture and IoT Prototyping Framework: email@example.com