The first step in the process was to assemble the hardware for the project. I utilized all the materials listed on the project page.
My mom is super sensitive to humidity changes due to asthma. I wanted see if there is an actual correlation between a certain humidity and how she is breathing. My prediction was a certain humidity percentage is a trigger. I collected several samples throughout the course of a 3 days to find the average where it negatively impacts her breathing. Over the 3 days, I collected the humidity over several hours. At each check in, I had my mom scale her breathing, 1-10, 1 being extremely poor and 10 being extremely good. It is important to note that this is a very rough estimate and could potentially change if conducted over a longer period of time.
With this data, I created a To-Do list page on Evernote and with IFTTT, I linked it to my Particle Argon. With IFTTT, I linked a reminder to my Physical Computing Lab notebook, with the Title "Particle Humidity is High". When humidity exceeds 58%, a To-Do is sent to my phone, reminding me to turn on the dehumidifier in my mom's room.