Software apps and online services
The purpose of this project is to automate plant watering and track environmental factors within the vacinity of the plant system.
1. Turn the water pump on when the soil sensor detects a certain dryness level.
2. Detect the environmental factors of the room.
- Air Quality
3. CAD Designs
- Create a smart flower pot
- Create a water tank for the pumps
- Create a stand that holds the breadboard, sensors, flower pot, and water tank.
4. Create a dashboard that enterfaces with all of the environmental factors and encorporate buttons for manual watering.
The controller will have a dashboard displaying all sensor information via graphs and can take manual input to control the water pump.Details
This project uses the following components:
- * Particle Argon Microcontroller
- * Breadboard
- * BME Sensor
- * Soil Moisture
- * Dust Sensor
- * Relay Switch
- * Air Quality Sensor
- * PNP Transistor
- * Water Pump
Can look into more parts: https://www.elegoo.com/products/elegoo-37-in-1-sensor-kit?_pos=1&_sid=ba0552267&_ss=rSummary
Automated water pump that turns on when moisture sensor detects a low moisture level. Encorporates a dashboard to display room data and includes a manual button.
You can find me on Hackster here: https://www.hackster.io/kalebglodowski.
And on LinkedIn here: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kalebglodowski/.
The water pump will only activate once every 10 minutes and only if above a certain soil moisture/dryness level (2500). This is to keep the plant from being over-watered. A button on the dashboard has been implemented to bypass the time restriction and as long as the moisture/dryness level is below 2500, a button press will activate the pump. There is one other button (suggested to be at the bottom of the dashboard) to override both the time and moisture sensor and will water the pump no matter what.
All environmental readings will be posted to charts and dials to assist with monitoring.