Software apps and online services
Our project had a simple premise: make LEDs pulse to music playing. We thought it would be a relatively simple project, but it turned into a challenge as we progressed throughout the Hackathon. It requires 3 main components: the NodeJS server software, a Bose SoundTouch 10 system, and 1 or more Particle Photons. It also requires music to be played through Spotify to the SoundTouch 10 system through Spotify Connect. Here's the flow:
1. User plays music from Spotify to the speaker
2. Server software detects this and searches Spotify's API for the Tempo (BPM)
3. Does math to calculate how often the lights should pulse
4. Sends the amount of milliseconds between each pulse to the Particle API
5. The Photons pulse the LED based on the seconds value given to them
My team and I had a very fun time creating this, and we hope you enjoy it!